As we cannot distribute the newsletter in the usual was due to the restrictions announced on 23rd March it is available here. Advice on the Coronavirus situation is available on page 3 of the newsletter and is also available below.
Posted 23rd March
Coronavirus and what we can all do to help
Please continue to follow the Government advice to help stop coronavirus spreading:
You should now only leave your home for one of the following reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities
- Daily exercise
- Any medical need
- Travelling to and from essential work
Everyone should follow the guidelines on social distancing. These include keeping a 2m space between individuals, avoiding non-essential use of public transport, working from home wherever possible. Gatherings of 2 or more people who do not live together is now prohibited. You must use telephone and online services wherever possible.
If you do leave your home wash your hands as soon as you get home
- Please follow government guidelines and take this seriously
- • If you are self-isolating and/or need help with shopping, posting mail, arrange lawn mowing or just a friendly phone call shopping, please contact one of the volunteers below (you should have already received a note with the nearest contact details)
- Please do not be afraid or hesitant in asking for help – we are all in this together
- If there is anything that you need, and are not sure where to go, if the Parish Council can help provide the information you need then we will. Just email the Clerk on email@example.com.
- Please note that this is a fast-moving situation and the government is updating its advice daily – note this newsletter is based on the advice at 23rd March.
List of volunteers or alternatively call your Parish Councillor or the Parish Clerk.
- Balding Close, Barby - Natasha Von Werkhoeven - 0782 564 1443
- Balding Close, Barby - Sarah Wilson - 0797 636 6856
- Brackendale Drive, Barby - Kerry Norton - 0775 921 7621
- Brackendale Drive, Barby - Samantha Guryn - 0777 946 3880
- Brackendale Drive, Barby – Kath & Steve 01788 891615 / 0781 768 7848
- Castle Mound, Barby - Naomi Teagles - 0772 526 0125
- Castle Mound, Barby - Nigel & Lyndsey Parkinson - 0744 341 7303
- Castle Mound, Barby - Cat Sabine - 0790 968 0508
- Daventry Road, Barby - Steve Gee - 0796 999 2557
- Daventry Road/Elkington Lane, Barby - Abi Owen - 0796 483 3211
- Daventry Road, Barby - Paul Reynolds - 0781 555 1202
- Daventry Road, Barby - Ian & Pat Webb - 0777 176 2997
- Daventry Road - Natalie Downing - 0754 963 6461
- Holme Way, Barby - Liz Campell Smith - 0797 741 4913
- Kilsby Road, Barby - Emily Archer - 0790 509 7605
- Kilsby Road, Barby - Jo Durham - 0737 551 9832
- Kilsby Road, Barby - Jo Martin - 0779 022 2068
- Kilsby Road, Barby - Zac Middleton - 0776 656 4071
- Longdown Lane, Barby - Jo & Richard Good - 0797 663 8616
- Mitchison Close - Sharon Walsh Fuller - 0759 570 4280
- Mitcheson Close - Tara Hancock – 0770 640 7534
- Pittoms Lane, Barby - Pete Morgan - 0787 906 3109
- Rugby Road, Barby - Andrea MacMahon - 0771 165 4556
- Rugby Road, Barby - Neill Smith - 0744 421 5889
- Rugby Road, Barby - Sarah Harper – 0750 799 0668
- Rectory Close, Barby - Pippa Reeve - 0787 631 5111 / 01788 890733
- Star Corner, Barby - Darren Bell - 0774 811 7068
- The Green, Barby - Debs and Baggie - 0796 829 3971
- The Green, Barby - Kevin Brentengani - 0776 274 1976
- Onley Park, Onley - Adrian Cooper - 01788 819060 / 0752 760 6823
- Onley Park, Onley - Dawn Cotton - 01788 815906 / 0738 898 0144
- Paula Smith - Prescriptions for patients of Markey Quarter or Beech Tree practice or Well Pharmacy, Drovers Close - 07920 050742
Apologies if I have missed anyone off the list or their details are incorrect – I will be updating the list on the Parish Council website as well as the May newsletter.
Barby Village Stores - Are taking orders for people who are over 70 or have an underlying health problem that means that they are more at risk should they catch Coronavirus. Please, if you fall into this category, stop going to the shop, or putting yourself into any situation where you are less than 2m from someone else. Coronavirus can survive on metal and plastic surfaces for up to 72 hours so by touching the shop door handle for example, you are putting yourself at risk. All you need to do is ring Babs on 01788 890360 and he will tell you how to use the ordering system. Could everyone please distance themselves at the shop as to ignore this puts them and the shop staff at risk
If you really cannot avoid going out to a place where other people are likely to be, then wash your hands frequently, or use sanitizer gel.
Posted 16th March, updated 23rd March